Victim Contact

Victim Contact


Probation Officers routinely contact victims, plus current partners if a different person.  RR2 re-contacts unless advised not to do so by the referring probation officer.  The contact is made by Stroh Health Care’s main administrative office.



We confirm that she is aware of him attending RR2.  We explain that the program aims to help the men stop abusive behaviour but that there are no guarantees. We invite victims to talk about their safety plan. We ask if they are aware of counselling services, transition house services, community services, victim services, multicultural services and other support services; if they are not, we provide the information. We remind the victim that she can contact the PO (or we can on her behalf) if there are reasons to feel concerned. The women contacted are offered follow-up contact with a trained RR2 counsellor.


Nothing shared by the woman during this contact is ever shared with the man attending RR2.  This is a service provided to her separate from our work with the participant.  Similarly, other than safety concerns, nothing he shares with us in group is shared with her. Click here to read more about our privacy policy.


Call 9-1-1 or your local emergency number if you or someone you know is in immediate danger from assault or abuse. To speak to someone confidentially and to get more information, call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 or contact one of the services below:

VictimLink BC
If you or someone you know are a victim of crime and need more information or support, call VictimLink BC at 1-800-563-0808 for toll-free, confidential, multilingual service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information, visit VictimLink BC.

Seniors Abuse & Information Line
If you are an older adult who has been abused or mistreated call the Seniors Abuse & Information Line (SAIL) at 604-437-1940 or toll free at 1-866-437-1940, 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., to get a referral to their legal advocate and other programs. For more information about their programs and resources visit Seniors First BC.

Kids’ Help Phone
Children & teens can call the Kids Help Phone to speak to a counsellor day or night at 1-800-668-6868. Counsellors are available to speak anonymously about concerns with abuse and help children and teens call the police or child protective services. For more information about the resources and support available visit Kids Help Phone.

Legal Services Society (Legal Aid) 1-866-577-2525.